Meet Dr. Nicholas Sager
A native of Waco, Dr. Nicholas Sager is excited to provide high-quality, affordable dental implants to patients at Central Texas Dental Care. He graduated from Midway High School in 2003 and attended Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, graduating Magna Cum Laude with a degree in biology. He went on to earn his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 2011 at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
During his time in dental school, Dr. Sager was accepted into the United States Air Force’s competitive Health Profession Scholarship Program and was commissioned as an officer in 2007. Upon graduation he completed a one-year Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) residency at Eglin Air Force Base, focusing on advanced dental procedures and comprehensive care. As a result, he is now able to offer full-service implant dentistry as well as services in several dental specialties including IV and oral sedation; root canal therapy; complex, full mouth rehabilitation; and the treatment of sleep apnea and TMJ. After completing his residency, Dr. Sager and his family were stationed at RAF Lakenheath in the United Kingdom for three years to complete his active duty service commitment.
In 2015, Dr. Sager joined the experienced team at Central Texas Dental Care. He is committed to self-improvement by staying up to date with the latest technology and techniques in implant dentistry, completing several continuing education courses each year so he can provide his patients with the best possible care. Dr. Sager has received many distinctions including Diplomat status from the International Congress of Oral Implantology (ICOI), Fellowship from the Misch International Implant Institute, and Fellowship from the Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry. After completing advanced implant training at the world-renowned Misch Implant Institute, Dr. Sager became one of Waco’s first board-certified Implantologist.
When he is not in the office, Dr. Sager enjoys golfing, soccer, tennis, running, and spending time with his wife Ashley and two children Addelyn and Owen.
2017 Misch Institute Diplomat
Meet Dr. Michael Cooney
Dr. Michael Cooney grew up in Hewitt and is a graduate of Midway High school in Waco. He graduated from Texas Tech University in 2001. He went on to obtain his DDS from Baylor College of Dentistry in 2006. He joined Dr. Cooper at Central Texas Dental Care right after graduation and for over 10 years has been dedicated to providing exceptional care for all our valued patients.
Dr. Cooney focuses on providing excellent dental care in a relaxed, comfortable environment and enjoys providing state-of-the-art dental implants to patients in his hometown.
When he’s not in the office, Dr. Cooney enjoys running, biking, golfing, being outdoors, watching movies, and spending time with his wife, Stephanie, and his two daughters, Ella and Lila.
Meet Dr. Monte Cooper
Dr. Monte Cooper, a native of Brownwood, Texas, graduated from Baylor University in 1987. He received his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from Baylor College of Dentistry in 1991 and has been practicing in the Waco area ever since. Dr. Cooper joined Central Texas Dental Care in 1993.
Dr. Cooper knows the importance of having a healthy mouth and confident smile. He believes each patient deserves respect and the most comfortable dental experience possible. As an implant dentist, Dr. Cooper is dedicated to integrating these goals and continuously strives to refine his dental skills by completing many hours of continuing education each year. In addition to implant dentistry, Dr. Cooper has completed extensive training in root canal therapy at the prestigious Dental Education Laboratory in Santa Barbara.
In his free time, Dr. Cooper enjoys spending time outdoors and with his family: his wife Judy and two sons, Reed and Evan.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose the right dentist for my family?
It’s crucial that you trust your dentist and feel confident in the treatment you receive. Here are 5 helpful tips for choosing the best dentist:
- Check their qualifications. Your dentist should be certified by the American Dental Association (ADA) and actively pursue continuing education to remain at the forefront of their field.
- Make sure your insurance plan is accepted.
- Get recommendations from friends, family, and doctors you trust.
- For your convenience as well as peace of mind, choose a dentist who can meet all of your family’s needs. You don’t want to juggle appointments with a separate pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dentist if it’s not necessary.
- Make sure you feel comfortable with not only your prospective dentist, but with the entire practice. Visit the office and talk with other staff members to ensure you always receive the compassionate care you expect.
What questions should I ask my dentist?
When you’re looking for a new dentist, it’s a good idea to interview them so you can be sure all of your needs will be well-met. Questions you should ask include:
- How long have you been practicing?
- Where did you study?
- Do you hold any advanced certifications?
- What professional associations are you a member of?
- Have you received any awards or honors?
- Can you show me patient reviews and before-and-after photos?
What should I look for in a dental practice?
Choosing the right dentist for your family is only part of the process—you also want to ensure the environment of the overall practice meets your needs. When evaluating a dentist’s office, here are some key things to consider:
- Is the office clean and comfortable?
- What steps are being taken to ensure patient comfort? For example, are headphones available? Is there a television screen in the treatment area?
- Is this an environment where you and your family will feel comfortable and relaxed? If you’re seeking a pediatric dentist, is the office equipped to entertain younger patients? How does the staff interact with children?
- Does the practice feature any advanced equipment? Having the latest technology at your disposal will ensure faster, more precise treatments.